Directors and employees of the Company shall always be guided by the following values:
- Respect for people
- Relationships of Trust
- Service to Customers
- Simplicity in Everything
- Culture of Ownership
- Communication & Cooperation
Brief description of each of the above-mentioned values is given below:
Respect for People
We must treat our colleagues, customers, and all other persons who come into contact with us with utmost respect, courtesy, and decency.
Relationships of Trust
We must be worthy of the trust of people who work or do business with us. Trust is earned by acting with honesty, fairness, and prudence in all dealings and in all circumstances. Keeping promises is an essential element of trust.
Service to Customers
We must provide the best possible service to customers. We should listen to them, anticipate their needs, solve their problems, and make it easy and pleasant for them to do business with us. We aim for continuous improvement and innovation in our products, services, and systems.
Simplicity in Everything
We must achieve simplicity in everything we do. These include our products and services, our policies and procedures, and our systems and procedures. Simplicity means eliminating all that is wasteful, complicated, or unnecessary, based on continuous learning.
Culture of Ownership
We must take ownership of our work, individually and as a team. Ownership means willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, instead of waiting for others to act. “It’s not my work” is never an acceptable response in a culture of ownership.
Communication & Cooperation
We must maintain the best possible communication with colleagues and customers at all levels. Good listening is essential for good communication. Most effective communication is person-to- person. We aim for the highest level of cooperation and teamwork.
- Treat investors' money as a trust which must be protected.
- Achieve high level of productivity in business processes with maximum use of Information technology.
- Strive for on-going innovation in products and services.
- Emphasize speed and simplicity in deployment of new products and services.
- Focus on customer service and customer satisfaction as the key measures of performance.
- Recruit, develop, and retain high-potential people who have the same values and beliefs as ours, and find it natural to communicate and cooperate with their colleagues and customers.
- Always stay directly "connected" with colleagues and customers, and protect the organization from proliferation of paperwork and bureaucracy.
- We fulfil our commitments towards our customers and shareholders as their custodians so as to further strengthen their trust in us.
- We conduct all business dealings with integrity, prudence, fairness, and courtesy.
- We aim to ensure that the interests of the Company, its customers, shareholders, and employees are safeguarded and corporate objectives and strategies are implemented.
- We must continually upgrade and expand our products and services to support the Company’s growth and to anticipate and meet the changing requirements of our customers.
- We shall avoid all such activities in which our personal interests’ conflict with the interests of the Company, its customers and shareholders, and shall ensure ethical handling of any actual or apparent conflict of interest.
- We shall always endeavor to contribute towards the betterment, development, and growth of the Company.
Financial Reporting and Internal Control
- The Company shall regularly prepare financial reports and accounts and present the same to the Board for review and analysis.
- The Company shall maintain an effective Management Information System to monitor its performance and to detect early warning signals in major risk areas, and to ensure that the Company’s records are accurate.
- The Company shall maintain an effective system of internal controls to mitigate risks and to ensure that assets are safeguarded.
- The Company shall maintain an effective internal audit system in order to ensure integrity of our operations and reliability of financial information.
Directors and Employees
- We select and employee people based on the Company’s recruitment policy and criteria, without any bias or prejudice of race, caste, color, creed, gender, or religious belief.
- We place qualified and efficient people in management positions, so that the Company’s functions are performed effectively and are of high quality.
- We encourage/motivate employees to perform their duties diligently for achieving optimum output and efficiency.
- We evaluate employees’ performance and reward them on the basis of their contributions.
- We aim to ensure that all employees work towards achievement of corporate objectives, individually and collectively as a team, and conduct themselves at work and in the society as responsible employees and citizens.
- We provide training to employees at all levels for improvement in their knowledge and skills.
- We work towards development of career paths of employees for planned betterment in their professional life.
- We aim to ensure that the employees possess necessary knowledge and skills and maintain an understanding of relevant provisions of applicable laws and regulations.
- We aim to ensure that all employees exercise professionalism and dedication, and utilize their experience and expertise to assist in the growth of the Company.
- We shall maintain complete confidentiality and (except if required by law) not disclose to any person any information as to the dealings or affairs of the Company, or any of its customers or as to any other matter which may come to our knowledge by reason of our directorship or employment in the Company. It is strictly prohibited to disclose to the customer or any other quarter that a suspicious transaction or related information is being or has been reported to any authority, except if required by law.
- We shall safeguard, at all times, the interests of the Company and serve according to the best of our skills and abilities and conform with the directives and policies of the Company in all respects.
- Employees shall devote their time diligently during office hours and use their best efforts to promote the business of the Company.
- No employee of the Company shall:
- Undertake speculative transactions or dealings in shares, securities, or otherwise whatsoever.
- Engage in gambling, racing, betting or wagering contracts.
- Take any narcotics or similar intoxicants or engage in transactions pertaining thereto.
- Engage in any kind of personal business whatsoever.
- Participate in any political or subversive activities.
- Accept any gifts or presents from existing or prospective customers, vendors, or suppliers of the Company.
- Engage in any illegal activities whatsoever, including any act of corruption or bribery.
- Use the premises of the Company to engage in union activities or involve outsiders in the Company’s union activities.
- Bring weapons in the premises of the Company.
- Conduct union activities during office hours.
- Engage in illegal activities of political cum criminal nature which is considered as gross indiscipline and violation of legal and regulatory requirements.
Adherence to Law
The Company shall at all times strictly adhere to the laws of the country and fulfil all statutory requirements as laid down by the regulators and ensure timely, proper, and full payment of all applicable taxes, rates, duties and/or any other levies as may be imposed from time to time.
The Company shall prepare an annual plan with clearly defined objectives, goals and strategies and implement such plans to ensure achievement of objectives and enhancement of corporate image.
Reporting of Violations
- Employees are required to report to an appropriate senior officer any violation of this Code, including any matters arising from unethical practices, which came to their knowledge.
- Customers and other persons dealing with the Company should report any complaint they may have, including any violation of this Code, to the immediate supervisor of the employee(s) with whom they have been dealing, or to the respective Department Head at the Head Office of the Company.
- Employees, customers, and other persons dealing with the Company, who report a violation or lodge a complaint, will be protected against any harassment or retaliatory action.
Harassment at Work Place
Employees must avoid any behavior that may be termed as gender-related harassment of female staff / customers. Offensive, threatening or disturbing behavior towards staff and customers at the workplace or in any interaction or situation that is linked to official activity outside the office would also be termed as harassment.